Tuesday, August 23, 2011
So that burger dating thing took up waaaaay more time and energy and mental capacity than I thought it would. It was also way more fun, with a few unexpected surprises. The final two and the recap are nearly written, so I'll save the reflections for over there. You can watch this space though, I am newly enthusiastic and inspired in every aspect of my life. This blog for a start!
The detox has begun and I've re-embraced salad and veges wholeheartedly. Tonight, after a fun-filled supermarket excursion with my flatmate Harriet (supermarket shopping being something I actually missed with all that socialising), we had crispy skinned salmon on salad for dinner. Health on a plate, she said, and boy it was delicious.
Post burger-binge Salad
- roast a whole head of broccoli at 200*C for about 20 minutes, with olive oil, salt and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- drain a can of cannellini beans and place in a big bowl. Add a decent handful of baby spinach leaves and a whole heap of sun sprout's crunchy bean combo.
- saute a couple of courgettes in a little oil and a little garlic, then add.
- add a few roughly chopped almonds.
- make a dressing by putting in a wee jug about half a cup of natural yoghurt, a pinch of chilli flakes, a squeeze of fresh lemon, a generous pinch of smoked paprika, a crack of pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and mix well with a fork.
- cover the salad in the dressing and mix up carefully with your hands.
- panfry your salmon on a high heat, skin-side first, having seasoned with salt and pepper and a pinch of chilli powder, and having rubbed in some olive oil, some lemon zest and juice. Flip carefully and pile on top of the salad.
Enjoy, wallowing in health feeling extremely happy with yourself.
Then bake cake.
Watch this space.